Cut-Weld-Drive Forums

Go Back   Cut-Weld-Drive Forums > The VolksRodders Forum > Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events Upcoming events, shows or swaps...

User Information
Your Avatar

Stuff to check out...

Cool stuff you NEED!

Forum Stats
Members: 17,564
Threads: 32,386
Total Online: 618

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by RichG
- by 1slo3
- by 1slo3

Old September 9th, 2010, 11:48 AM   #1
bigbeardedbastard
Forum Member

Default all-truck shoot out

ok well i know there's a few people here who have some fast trucks, granted this is volksrodders forum but a friend of mine is putting together an all truck shootout in december. it is open to all makes and models of trucks, should be a good day of racing. we are still working out the details but i copied this post and figured id put it out here:

thanx BBB

Originally Posted by Brickrocket
Pasting this from the Lightning board. Want this event to have a great turnout with all the brands representing!

Details:
Southern Truck Shootout
South Georgia Motorsorts Park www.racesgmp.com
December 11, 2010 gates open at 10am
Classes TBA

Ok folks, had a meeting with the facilities manager at SGMP in Valdosta tonight and he is all for the Truck Shootout! The date is set for December 11, 2010. For this first year, we are running the event on a test and tune. Don't let that concern you as we talked intensively about sponsor paricipation and making the event as formal as any other track event. They run events there all the time in conjunction with test and tunes so no worries!

As for the classes and organization details, please stay tuned to what is coming. We went over some ideas tonight to try and make this an event to remember but still have tons of details hash out. I can tell you there will be several classes that are mostly planned for heads up racing, a class for the diesel folks, and a car show for the folks that just want to show off thier stuff.

If you have any questions or suggestions for the even, please shoot me an email to brickrocket@bellsouth.net

Jason

Last edited by bigbeardedbastard; September 9th, 2010 at 12:07 PM.
bigbeardedbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:06 PM   #2
bigbeardedbastard
Forum Member

Default Re: all-truck shoot out

thanks to whomever moved it for me i forgot i had it in the cutting board......
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #3
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

I figured it will be better here, since it's a ways off, it'll get shuffled back real fast on the cutting board :)
You can update here too as you get info on the classes and whatever. Sounds like a cool event. Maybe if my friend with a hot little s10 doesn't wreck it or get thrown in jail might be interested ~
Might want to put a link in your sig line, as subtle advertising.
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #4
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

They gonna have an aircooled class? Hopefully Hellbound will be on the road by then, and I'll be wantin' to show her off.
Zim'rod (zim'-rod)n.- a handbuilt Volkswagen hotrod or jalopy, sometimes a pick-up, from several different years of the classic German automobile. In particular, 67', 69', 72', and 74' model years. Built from the realm of an insane mind, with a volksrod theme or style. Thank you bugdust.
Daily driver: 91' Cadillac Brougham.
AirheadZim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #5
bigbeardedbastard
Forum Member

Quote:
I figured it will be better here, since it's a ways off, it'll get shuffled back real fast on the cutting board :)
You can update here too as you get info on the classes and whatever. Sounds like a cool event. Maybe if my friend with a hot little s10 doesn't wreck it or get thrown in jail might be interested ~
Might want to put a link in your sig line, as subtle advertising.
thanks purple....yeah if your friend can make it, im sure there will be a few other fast s-10's out there as well as some rangers and dakotas! i need to figure out how to link this thread to my signature though

Quote:
They gonna have an aircooled class? Hopefully Hellbound will be on the road by then, and I'll be wantin' to show her off.
and zim, im not sure about the air-cooled class as i doont know how many "air cooled" trucks there are out there??? they are still working out the details on classes etc but there will be a truck show portion and im sure that if you want to run the hellbound down the track i dont see why not?? i'll keep ya updated as i get more details
Old September 9th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #6
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Yeah even to show the truck boys an aircooled truck in the show would be fun.
Zim'rod (zim'-rod)n.- a handbuilt Volkswagen hotrod or jalopy, sometimes a pick-up, from several different years of the classic German automobile. In particular, 67', 69', 72', and 74' model years. Built from the realm of an insane mind, with a volksrod theme or style. Thank you bugdust.
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:32 PM   #7
bigbeardedbastard
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirheadZim View Post
Yeah even to show the truck boys an aircooled truck in the show would be fun.
hell yeah and the amount of time spent engineering and desgning one off parts should impress most people. not everyone can do what you and bugdust are accomplishing! especially on a budget!
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #8
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

he told me last weekend, even if he doesn't win at any time, it's just the thrill that he likes
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #9
AirheadZim
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Yeah thats it. Just to start going to shows again and driving something I don't gotta hide in the parking lot is gonna be great.
Old September 10th, 2010, 11:20 PM   #10
bigbeardedbastard
Forum Member

purple, it should be a fun day filled with people of all makes and models who have a passion for all things automotive......would be great if yall make it out!!

and zim, after all the hard work youve put into your project, hell any project, there shouldnt evEr be any shame in taking what you own out and feeling like you have to hide it.......different strokes for different folks thats what makes life interesting and makes all of us individuals!