Total Online: 913

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by Ozrod
- by DrHax

Old April 16th, 2006, 07:01 PM   #1301
J_J_
Forum Member

spent the day in L.A. walking all over the damned fashion district looking for prom and graduation dress's for my daughter!

started to put the 1835 together now that the heads are done , pulled things out only to discover the cylinders are cracked and broken!! now I gotta find 92cylinders! damnit!
Old April 16th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #1302
vwfanatic
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

been driving the RATBED to work most of this week. I park off on the side of the building away from customer and shopping cart traffic with a few strategic parts removed in case someone decides totry to start it and drive off. once it gets dark or customer traffic dies down or the store closes, i usually move up to under the lights in front of the store for security. This weekend we have had a large part of the parking lot in front of the building roped off for a special in home install promo with a large demo trailer and easy ups. at night they bring everything in and use police tape to keep the area roped off. Well last night I saw my chance. I whipped the truck up and parked under an EZup and had my own one man volksrod car show right in front of the store. it was completely roped off and safe. Funny part was that the chopped windshield is definately lower than my head....by quite a bit. how do I know? well the windshield cleared the police tape, but my face didnt!!!! picture not seeing it (it was dark) and all of a sudden.....FWAP.....your glasses are slapped into your face full force. 1 customer caught what happened and i think he peeeed himself before he made it to his car. but who cares.....i had my own car show!!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]
vwfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 08:06 PM   #1303
Spyke
Forum Member

I finally got this thing streetable. Dialed in the carbs, got it shifting smooth... now all I need is the nice weather to come back!

And for those who have forgotten, here's what I started with. Yeah, I know you've all seen it before, but I'm pretty damn happy to be able to ride the thing finally! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]

EDIT: Oh yeah, VW related... I finally found the box of brake parts for my Ghia when i was cleaning up around the shop, and took a mental inventory of the parts I still need to put an engine together for it.
Old April 16th, 2006, 10:29 PM   #1304
Hebster52
Forum Member

I started the buildup of my next jig... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

HebsterWerks The secret workshop..
Hebster's projects in the introsection.
Cuttin' them splits up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
"What stripping?... all I see is bare metal!"

Hebster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 06:25 AM   #1305
Cat Box
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

i cut the front bumper on my 73 super to not have such a bubba look. i removed 1 3/4" from each side as to not hit the fenders when it gets pushed back. and then pushed it back into the car about 2 1/8" for a subtle look. i have always disliked the way the bumpers stick out so far. next up is the rear....... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Sawzallsmiley.gif[/img]

http://www.Rosecityvolksters.com
Cat Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #1306
RATRODVW
Forum Member

No ones gonna believe this, but...

I worked on my car!

After sittin' for over a year and a half, I finally got enough daylight and time off to tinker with it. Borrowed a battery and put some gas in it, and a few minutes later she roared to life. She still runs like a champ. Next up, I get to unbury the test light and wire crimpers and fix all the electrical. Then it's on to fixing my brake problems (as in sometimes, when the car feels like it, it doesn't have any). Then it's off to my work for a refreshing of the paint...Maybe some suede pearl fancy shit. Interior is high on the list, too. I got given some newly reupholstered seats, so they're going in as soon as I can get around to it. Maybe, just maybe, I'll put my headliner in it, too...

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/driving.gif[/img]
RATRODVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2006, 05:49 PM   #1307
socially distorted
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

It was all cars today. Got alot of welding and fitting done on the Chop, then bounced over to my '01 Subaru RS and shortened the shifter by sectioning the rod and lengthening the fulctrum point. saved myself $100 to spend on the Chop instead. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bowdown.gif[/img]

Check my BLOG to see the latest pics of the CHOP.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 06:36 PM   #1308
BiggJ22
Forum Member

Pulled the motor on the bus this week. Picked up the transplant today and finally checked out the local shop in ventura since I'm finally working on it again.

Jason

67 Bug
74 Bug
'70 Baywindow - Sophie (sold )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Don't underestimate the power of my nuts.
My nuts laugh at your feeble attempts of protection.
BiggJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2006, 06:47 PM   #1309
Ray-Dean
Forum Member

I buried a (brace yourself Dan) Ĺ eaten cat. I have no idea where it came from, but it was in the yard. I went to the back of the land (nearly a mile from the house) and put it a good 2í down.

Why am I telling you this? When I got home tonight, there it was in the back yard again. Iím being haunted by a cat that wasnít mine, and I didnít kill it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/FreakinSmiley.gif[/img] WTF?
Old April 22nd, 2006, 06:57 PM   #1310
mrs.57Drag
Forum Member

We went to a Local resto shop 67 South And saw some awesome VWs.Also saw Jon his wife and "Crazy" Daughter [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] .Swung by Jon's secret hideout and saw his awesome project.Thanks for the front apron Jon.Going to the Beaches Show in the morning I'll get some picture and post them up.........Donald

My wife must be logged in [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/imwithstupid.gif[/img] .....Donald
Old April 23rd, 2006, 11:02 AM   #1311
BIG BAD BUG
Forum Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ray-Dean @ Apr 22 2006, 06:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I buried a (brace yourself Dan) Ĺ eaten cat. I have no idea where it came from, but it was in the yard. I went to the back of the land (nearly a mile from the house) and put it a good 2í down.

Why am I telling you this? When I got home tonight, there it was in the back yard again. Iím being haunted by a cat that wasnít mine, and I didnít kill it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/FreakinSmiley.gif[/img] WTF?
[/b][/quote]

Are you serious...???
What the hell is that about...!!
No strange lights in the night sky..??
Keep us informed on that one...
Sounds interesting...??

hey, Maybe you're a warewolf and you went back and dug it up or something...???
~We'll get you kicked outta your house.
BIG BAD BUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 11:12 AM   #1312
Steve
Administradora El Polacko

Member Photo Albums

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ray-Dean @ Apr 22 2006, 07:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

You sure it just wasn't the other half? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

Dude... that's fucking crazy... what the hell?
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 11:46 AM   #1313
Ian
Forum Member

Maybe it's that cow/cat/small animal eating thing...the "Chucacabre" or whatever it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Punk View Post
it went to a Samba Monkey.
It's all fun and games until the strippers call the cops.

Volksrods.com - Re-engineering the VW Bug one at a time
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 12:43 PM   #1314
J_J_
Forum Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ian @ Apr 23 2006, 12:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Maybe it's that cow/cat/small animal eating thing...the "Chucacabre" or whatever it is. [/b][/quote]

somebodys been watching to much Sci Fi chanel?? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
Old April 23rd, 2006, 01:20 PM   #1315
Ray-Dean
Forum Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 23 2006, 02:12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ray-Dean @ Apr 22 2006, 07:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

You sure it just wasn't the other half? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]

Dude... that's fucking crazy... what the hell?
[/b][/quote]

I hope that it wasn't it the other half. If it was, this thing had two heads! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
Old April 23rd, 2006, 01:25 PM   #1316
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

I finally found a use for my lightened CIP1 and balanced by Jake Raby flywheel. A friend wanted me to weld it to a 5' auger bit so he can bury it and attach his mail box to it. Sounded like a proper use to me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 03:41 PM   #1317
Ray-Dean
Forum Member

Update on the kitty.

I took it to the back of the land again. This time I put it in 5 different trash bags, and tossed him in a part of the ravine that is aprox. 15" deep. I then piled on four trailer loads of grass clipping, limbs, and crap I cleaned out of the shops.

If it shows back up,

<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"> [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img] I'm moving! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img] </span>
Old April 23rd, 2006, 03:49 PM   #1318
hollywood4397
Forum Member

Just think about when you are sleeping tonight and you are awaken by a loud MEEEEEEOOOOOOW. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sleeping.gif[/img]
Old April 23rd, 2006, 03:51 PM   #1319
KK916
Forum Member

shoulda have broke its neck, poor thing. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

/hates cats but hates to see em suffer too
Old April 23rd, 2006, 03:55 PM   #1320
Ray-Dean
Forum Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kustomkulture916 @ Apr 23 2006, 06:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
shoulda have broke its neck, poor thing. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]

Chris, it was dead, half eaten, and stinking something fierce when it showed up in the yard. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/FreakinSmiley.gif[/img]
Old April 23rd, 2006, 04:03 PM   #1321
hollywood4397
Forum Member

MEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOW [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/FreakinSmiley.gif[/img]
Old April 23rd, 2006, 04:06 PM   #1322
KK916
Forum Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ray-Dean @ Apr 23 2006, 04:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kustomkulture916 @ Apr 23 2006, 06:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Chris, it was dead, half eaten, and stinking something fierce when it showed up in the yard. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/FreakinSmiley.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Fuck that, it was a zombie cat.... you know how Steve said to get rid of bees? yeah do that to the cat, its the only way to kill it for sure [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] its going to eat you in your sleep.
Old April 23rd, 2006, 06:08 PM   #1323
vwcalbug
Forum Member

i think you have someone fucking with you....that would be such a good fucking prank if you worked at animal hospital, hahaha -JustinD

Its Cut, Weld, Drive!!!

Current Project: 2017cc w/ aj simms 40x35 heads, web 218, cb super race crank 78mm, cb supercase, 46mm aj simms kadrons, 1.25 rockers, aircooled SLR'd lifters.

Have it built out to the pistons and cylinders, ready for heads
vwcalbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 06:30 PM   #1324
hotrodheb
Forum Member

Yesterday, Justin and his brother Jaylen helped me pull the hotrodheb and the oval off of the side yard. We put the heb in the garage with the truck and the oval is sitting in the driveway waiting for someone to come take it away! (for a price!)

Then we loaded up the back of my big truck of shit that I took to the dumps today!

"READ more... post LESS." - Steve

"Girls who weld kick ass!" - Notched

"Grumpy, the new master of Anti-Donk." - TurboPunk

hotrodheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 06:47 PM   #1325
Hotrodpez
Forum Member

Location: Mission Viejo, Orange County, Kalifornia, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Spent most of the day organizing the shop, as i reached that point where you cant find anything [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/FreakinSmiley.gif[/img] Discovered several useful odds and ends and many missing tools. Went to Home Depot and got about 20 feet long by 12 feet high of that metal industrial shelving so i have somewhere besides inside the cars and on work benches to put parts.

Spent the rest of the day setting parts on the engine and seeing what i got. I think i am complete there, just need to paint the alternator stand, valve covers, intake manifold, and gen backing plate.

Anybody got a PICT 34 carb they wanna sell me? Thats all i need.
Originally Posted by bugdust
If you can't measure your own floor then this project may be too much for you...just my opinion.
People who say im hard to shop for must not know where to buy beer...

Common parking lot conversation...

Its a volksrod...
Yes, it runs...
Yeah I drive it...
No, I'm not crazy.

Here's to living single, seeing double, and sleeping triple!

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/lukepezanoski
Hotrodpez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
what did you do, yesterday