Total Online: 903

Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by Bugula
- by Ozrod

Old February 1st, 2006, 03:40 PM   #1201
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dailydrivervw @ Feb 1 2006, 07:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

50 split bought from Alan in Mass late fall. [/b][/quote]
Hey, I know that car. And Alan too I might add. I passed by his house as you were loading it on the trailer. I was going to stop but was running late. Does it still have the orange painted tranny (I traded it to him for some parts)? Good luck with the car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] ...Tim
Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 03:48 PM   #1202
LUMPY
Forum Member

We closed on our house yesterday [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img] After 5 months of being homeless we are totaly looking forward to this!!!!
LUMPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 02:00 PM   #1203
ConductorX
Forum Member

Lumpy Congrats!!

Jerry and I finished installing the motor and took some test drives around the neighborhood. The motor ran good on the stand but in use it hesitates and runs sluggish. I tried some new Tygon fuel lines and looks like the fuel isn't flowing properly. When I return I'll set the valves, change the fuel lines and install the deck lid.

I also installed two new tires on the rear. You guessed it they rub. So we have to pull the spring plates and raise the car two splines. She had a saggy butt anyway. Oh can I say that here?? I'm raising my car instead of lowering it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]

The tires look great!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/clapping.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/driving.gif[/img]
No one ever says "It's only a game." when his team is winning.
ConductorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 04:28 PM   #1204
amrcnbadaz
Forum Member

[quote Oh can I say that here?? I'm raising my car instead of lowering it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Sure!! you can say that here!! I got your back!!
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

[attachmentid=9581]

Ian Campbell
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 1 2006, 06:05 PM)

That bike makes my scrotum cry...
Quote:
QUOTE Steve Jan 26, 2008

If one of my buddies pulled into my driveway and got out of that, I'd punch him right in the colon.

That thing looks like a blue clitoris.

Last edited by amrcnbadaz; September 21st, 2007 at 02:56 PM.
amrcnbadaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 04:35 PM   #1205
busguy71
Forum Member

today, I went to frank maratas auto show which is an anual show for high end and custom cars. The first car I saw when I walked in the door was a freakin GT40 from my shop that I worked on! I didnt even know it was gonna be there. I was stoked to say the least [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

X- GT40 builder

This weeks job: pharmacudical courier
busguy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 08:47 AM   #1206
Hotrodpez
Forum Member

Location: Mission Viejo, Orange County, Kalifornia, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Went to the shop to hopefully finish prepping the pan that I bought from JJ, and get it painted. Walked in the front door, and sloshed through a couple inches of water. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img] Apparently the people next door (the shop is in an industrial building complex) had a pipe break and it flooded our shop too. So I spent half the day with a shop vac and a mop and all the fans on. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/FreakinSmiley.gif[/img] SOO... all i managed to do is weld in a 1/4 pan half and scrape off tar. OH... and [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yelling.gif[/img] it seems that MOORE parts, which is about a block away, closes at 2 on saturdays instead of 5. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/fingerclear.gif[/img] So basically i got nothing done...

Well, at least the shop floor is clean [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
Originally Posted by bugdust
If you can't measure your own floor then this project may be too much for you...just my opinion.
People who say im hard to shop for must not know where to buy beer...

Common parking lot conversation...

Its a volksrod...
Yes, it runs...
Yeah I drive it...
No, I'm not crazy.

Here's to living single, seeing double, and sleeping triple!

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/lukepezanoski
Hotrodpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 04:22 PM   #1207
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

<span style="color:#993399">he bought this yesterday, thought it was a curved window, (he never lifted the tarp,
was focused on the rims [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img] ) brought it home this evening, it's a 72 Super B.
instead of posting pics again, all the details are here,,,,, [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
MY BLOG
vroom vroom vroom, yeah I know , wrong make, but still he got a good deal....</span>
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 04:52 PM   #1208
purplepeopleeater
Forum Member

hmmm, nice score on the SB.....rims and a/c [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
purplepeopleeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2006, 03:18 PM   #1209
57Drag
Forum Member

Went and took some parts of my VWs in Georgia to put on Annie's new ride.Hood,bumpers,Randars,Front drums,some chrome trim,Etc....Need to do the front in the morning.......Donald

The rear....
57Drag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2006, 04:57 PM   #1210
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Well, not yesterday but the other day I stopped at Dans house after work and had a great visit with him, Deb and the furry kids. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] We talked about the projects and the warm weather can't come soon enough.
....Tim
Old February 18th, 2006, 05:20 PM   #1211
jroymcd
Forum Member

picked up some parts for the project
jroymcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #1212
busguy71
Forum Member

today I went to the northeastaircooledperformance.org swap-n-eat in Norwalk CT. A total of 6 VW'ers were there. needless to say, I didnt sell any decklids.

.... Come on Rob you know you want one!!!

and Rob gave me a Geo hubcap, probably because I'm an asshole. Thats ok, he hasnt seen that last of that! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

X- GT40 builder

Old February 19th, 2006, 12:06 PM   #1213
Ray-Dean
Forum Member

I wane in yesterday and finished off smoothing the left front fenderwell. The gear box is still at the machine shop, but I think (hope) it will be finished up this week. Here's the left well, I need to give the front end a slight adjustment. It sets about 1/4" to the left. Most of this is due to the car being hit three times in the front before I got it. But hey, It's just metal right? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Sawzallsmiley.gif[/img]

Old February 19th, 2006, 01:03 PM   #1214
57Drag
Forum Member

Installed a drum with 5 good threads(One had 2 of the 5 holding the tire on),the front rims,the missing front shock,some window felt and scrapers,bullet fender and lights,and started a lowered beam for the car.Kinda gasser looking [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img] .........Donald

57Drag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 05:12 PM   #1215
ConductorX
Forum Member

Today I adjusted the spring plates on both sides of the Thing. It now rides high in the back to clear the new tires.

Installing new urethane bushings:

Checking plate angle:

Jacking the spring plate into position above the spring plate stop:

Check out the new ride height on the 215-75R-15" tires:
No one ever says "It's only a game." when his team is winning.
ConductorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 05:16 PM   #1216
busguy71
Forum Member

hung out with Turbo punk and Tim scheller today. Drank some beers, busted balls, made fun of people, it was a good time [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

X- GT40 builder

Old February 25th, 2006, 06:47 PM   #1217
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Well, since this is the "what did you do YESTERDAY" thread, I was going to wait until after midnight to post this. But since Tom shot that all to shit by posting what he did TODAY, I felt it made no sence to wait. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

Went to Tim Schellers house and kicked around in the garage sanding my W decklid and prepping it for paint while he continued work on a ground up resto custom on an oval window. Holy crap is he doing an incredable job [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bowdown.gif[/img] His work is unbelieveable.
Tom showed up and a little while after Rob (brokenbeetle66) hit the scene. We then went down into the basement and Tim fired up his 300+ hp Turbo bug. I have never heard a more beautiful sound [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img] . We were so blown away, we just had to crack open a couple beers [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/licklips.gif[/img] . We ate lunch, spent time with the kids (Tims 3 basset hounds and cat), and chatted with Tims wife Cindy. Then it was time for Rob to go to work and us to go back to the garage.
Tim gave Tom his 4 tab hood to pop a mold from and he gave me an HVLP spray gun and almost a gallon of satin black paint for the volksrod. The guy kicks ass!
Tom, I hope I didn't bust your balls too bad. I was trying to hold back as much as I could [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
All in all, it was a great day! ......Tim

Tim's car

Tom trying to look bad ass [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tim working on the oval

The Decklid for "Skeletal Remains" with final paint. I just dropped it off to get airbrushed today. Should be done in a couple weeks. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Dancing.gif[/img]
Old February 26th, 2006, 03:40 AM   #1218
busguy71
Forum Member

oh yeah, rob came over too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] for like 5 minutes. that prick. I think he disappeared with one of the basset hounds for a while......... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/clapping.gif[/img] LOL

X- GT40 builder

Old February 26th, 2006, 05:00 AM   #1219
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(busguy71 @ Feb 26 2006, 07:40 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
oh yeah, rob came over too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img] for like 5 minutes. that prick. I think he disappeared with one of the basset hounds for a while......... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/clapping.gif[/img] LOL
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/funny.gif[/img]
Old February 26th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #1220
Ian
Forum Member

Tim, Tom, Tim, and Rob.

Crazy eastcoasters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Punk View Post
it went to a Samba Monkey.
It's all fun and games until the strippers call the cops.

Volksrods.com - Re-engineering the VW Bug one at a time
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 10:17 AM   #1221
Hebster52
Forum Member

Did some crappy sketches yesterday... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Idunno.gif[/img]

HebsterWerks The secret workshop..
Hebster's projects in the introsection.
Cuttin' them splits up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
"What stripping?... all I see is bare metal!"

Hebster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 10:37 AM   #1222
Nick
Forum Member

Not car related but painted my room (never painted walls before), finished it a few days ago. It was a boring off-white for the past 20 years, now it's 2-tone brown and finished it off with some bamboo. I think it turned out better then expected

Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:10 PM   #1223
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Crazy eastcoasters.[/b][/quote]
yes Ian, most of us are crazy..[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Did some crappy sketches yesterday... [/b][/quote]
if those are freehand from memeory or just looking at your car in the drive~ WOW!
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'> I think it turned out better then expected[/b][/quote]
that looks really good Nick! I've started redoing our bedroom with earthy tones too. I just bought some bamboo shades and some beige curtains at wally world. Where did you find the bamboo trim?
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:30 PM   #1224
Nick
Forum Member

I got the bamboo off ebay. Most bamboo from ebay are complete poles though but there was 1 auction the was already split bamboo so saved me the troubles. Shipping isn't much, for 20x 6 feet split bamboo halves for about $35 shipped. (about $20 s/h)
http://search.ebay.com/bamboo-rods

Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:39 PM   #1225
busguy71
Forum Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick @ Mar 3 2006, 11:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Not car related but painted my room (never painted walls before), finished it a few days ago. It was a boring off-white for the past 20 years, now it's 2-tone brown and finished it off with some bamboo. I think it turned out better then expected

[/b][/quote]

is that a fuckin dulcimer? or a lute? hot damn we're jammin now!

X- GT40 builder

Tags
what did you do, yesterday