Newest Member: Tylerted

Latest Threads
- by Bugula
- by Ozrod

Old October 14th, 2006, 07:29 AM   #1551
Steve
Administradora El Polacko

Member Photo Albums
Default Re: What did you do yesterday...

I guess the thing that worries me, is that they took pictures of my chest when they showed up and then later at the investigation office to put on file. When they told me to lift up my shirt so they could take pictures... I honestly didn't even realize I was bleeding or that he even broke the skin ( I just felt pressure). So the pictures that they will keep referring back to all have the blood and stuff in them, which of course made it look WAY worse than it really was.

Once I washed off the dried up blood that was there... it didn't look like much at all. The blade was going straight in, not any slashes or anything... so the cuts are actually pretty small.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 11:04 AM   #1552
Hotrodpez
Forum Member

Location: Mission Viejo, Orange County, Kalifornia, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

yeah but i hear puncture wounds are the bad kind
Originally Posted by bugdust
If you can't measure your own floor then this project may be too much for you...just my opinion.
People who say im hard to shop for must not know where to buy beer...

Common parking lot conversation...

Its a volksrod...
Yes, it runs...
Yeah I drive it...
No, I'm not crazy.

Here's to living single, seeing double, and sleeping triple!

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/lukepezanoski
Hotrodpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 05:31 PM   #1553
dt113
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Sounds like you were very lucky!!
Sounds like someone, was watching over you!
dt113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 09:43 AM   #1554
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

I got my portable garage set up yesterday. Since I took the pic, I put tarps on the back and front. Hopefully it will stay together trhough the winter since I'll have both bugs in it.
Turbo Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #1555
hotrodheb
Forum Member

Well yesterday, I finished up the fireplace mantle that I built for the in-laws. They got back from Italy yesterday, and they knew I was putting in the wainscotting and painting for them, but they didn't know I was doing the mantle as well! Oh and yes, they love it!

Wainscotting and door trim for the front entry...

and the wall next to the fireplace...

Now I just need to do the crown molding throughout the room!

"READ more... post LESS." - Steve

"Girls who weld kick ass!" - Notched

"Grumpy, the new master of Anti-Donk." - TurboPunk

hotrodheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 01:39 PM   #1556
Hebster52
Forum Member

Well, yesterday (Sunday over here) I made a frontaxle...

I narrowed it 14cm (almost 6 inches) and narrowed the springleaves even more as I moved them above the I-beam instead of in front as it was...

I think it turned out better than I ever imagined...

(you see the parts that I removed in front of the axle. )

HebsterWerks The secret workshop..
Hebster's projects in the introsection.
Cuttin' them splits up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
"What stripping?... all I see is bare metal!"

Hebster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 05:28 PM   #1557
Jon
Forum Member

I put the cross member and floors in the Dunebuggy chassis.
Now I am gonna remove the seat mounts and do a little dressing up of some of the welds and paint all the seals with Master Series. Then Seam sealer it and it's just about ready for the spray on Bedliner.

I went to St. Augustine and earned more than enough to pay for a lift kit for this thing in a few hours. So I'll be able to mount the tube running board to the lift kit. I need to lift it so I can get leg room and I also want the stiffness and a step to get in. So it's actually feeling like this things getting somewhere.

After the pans sprayed the body will be stretched. Watch for that.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 10:03 AM   #1558
ConductorX
Forum Member

I cut the nose off of my FV car because the upper body didn't fit the lower body correctly. Did some pie cuts to make it come out correctly.

I reverted back to boat building days. A friend suggested that I cut slots in the nose of the car to fit the nose to the upper cowl. So I cut slots and used a boat building trick called stitch and glue. Using stainless steel wires I wired the nose to the cowl and then glassed them into place.

Anyone interested can follow my progress at http://www.kafercar.com

Marked the cuts:

Made the cuts and stitched the panels into place:

Stainless steel wire stitches:

Glassed into place (glued):

All ready to flip the body over and do the inside:
No one ever says "It's only a game." when his team is winning.
ConductorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 01:51 PM   #1559
amrcnbadaz
Forum Member

From what I remember from the weekend, I went to the VA Wine and garlic festival. Had some kick-ass food and too much wine! Ahhh yess... good times!

Ian Campbell
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 1 2006, 06:05 PM)

That bike makes my scrotum cry...
Quote:
QUOTE Steve Jan 26, 2008

If one of my buddies pulled into my driveway and got out of that, I'd punch him right in the colon.

That thing looks like a blue clitoris.
amrcnbadaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #1560
Ian
Forum Member

Yesterday I cleaned my '59 entirely. Took all the seats out, ditched the heeadliner, ditched the carpets. Vaccuumed it under the rubber mats, and basically cleaned the whole thing. We scored a free Rigid shop vac that was in someones garbage only missing one wheel. It's the 12gal 4.25HP model. It's sick. I just knocked the rest of the wheels off, so now instead of missing one, it just doesn't have any.

Also yesterday, my washer hose broke in my house and my kitchen was flooded with about 2" of water before anyone realized. I put the stainless hoses in today, but the carpet is still wet and I have no fans. It sucks.

-Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Punk View Post
it went to a Samba Monkey.
It's all fun and games until the strippers call the cops.

Volksrods.com - Re-engineering the VW Bug one at a time
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 06:57 AM   #1561
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

finally finished the glitterbug's engine rebuild. What a mess. Guy got a set of big duals, wanted them on it. After lots of making linkage and trying to tune, they just won't work, too big. Wouldn't even run on one, so it's back to the original carb, sounds as good as mine now. Called the owner, hopefully coming to get it this afternoon. Hubby's tired of it, does not want it here during his vacation next week.
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 12:01 PM   #1562
bugdust
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Today, I figured out I hate my buggy!! I'm chasing oil leaks right now which is pissing me off because I've been wanting to patch the pans. I had a leak at the front seal, replaced that, no more leak. Well, I also switched to a used doghouse cooler at the same time. Since I fixed the front seal it started leaking at the pulley. No biggie, I'll just put a sand seal pulley on. OK, I put the sand seal pulley on yesterday, let the sealer sit 24 hours (because I fired it up an hour after I did it the first time, hence me doing it a second time) and watched it for about two minutes just sitting there running at a high idle. No leaks. So, I jump in a take it around the block. I remembered how much I love driving the buggy and it is a picture perfect day here today. As I'm pulling back in the driveway I smell oil. I get the buggy into the backyard and shut it off. There's oil all around the right side valve cover, the fuel pump, and maybe around the pulley. I can't really tell because there's oil everywhere. I said screw it and went in the house. (what happened to the just plain mad smiley?) I'm sitting in a chair by the pool and my wife says," What do you expect? It's a Volkswagen."

I'll go back out later when it cools off (me too) and clean it up and reseal the fuel pump and the valve cover gaskets so I can see where it's going to leak next. I might try a new oil cooler too. The oil is going to keep finding the weakest seal to escape out of. I guess there's just too much pressure.

So now, I'm trying to sort through my magazine collection to update my list. I have the entire den floor covered with VW magazines and I still have three boxes to go through. I have 20 or 21 different titles.

Quote:
No pics, but oh well, if you really, really need to see metal removed, turn off your computer and work on your car... ~ Ray-Dean
bugdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 02:06 PM   #1563
Reaper
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

Went index racing yesterday(Sunday here on Guam, Saturday for you mainland folks), and took first place in the 11.80 index category. It was only me and three other people in the class, so it was short and sweet. Won a Ratchet and Nut driver set set for my troubles.
Volksrod- [volks-rod] verb, volks.rod.ded, volks.rod.ding. Slang.
A Volkswagen modified in either looks, performance, paint, or a combination of the three, over factory stock.
http://www.myspace.com/isotope0

Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 03:54 PM   #1564
BiggJ22
Forum Member

Found some new polished 5-spokes for the bus for $375 plus only $38 shipping so I bought them. Of course now I can't even afford the tires or the mounting hardware, but at least I'll have rims.

67 Bug
74 Bug
'70 Baywindow - Sophie (sold )

Quote:
Don't underestimate the power of my nuts.
My nuts laugh at your feeble attempts of protection.
BiggJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 09:56 PM   #1565
Hebster52
Forum Member

I changed to winter shoes (studded winterwheels) on the daily drivers as they warned about an blizzard for the weekend... Hmm. today it freaking rained....

Oh well, it probably will turn into the blizzard during the weekend...
I hate it when the winter is coming. It always surprices us even though we know it is coming sooner or later.

HebsterWerks The secret workshop..
Hebster's projects in the introsection.
Cuttin' them splits up!!!

Quote:
"What stripping?... all I see is bare metal!"

Hebster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 03:36 AM   #1566
purplemyth
moody witch

Member Photo Albums

yesterday, hmm, mixed up day.
am~ went to town picked up pay check, , grocery shopping, filled dragon with fuel, ( damn I wanna run loose on a rd course with that thing! zoom zoom zoom! ) got home,safely, engine guy expected to be here at 2-3:00. Had to get bradley off trailer , need it to go get free ragtop this weekend, slid it onto chassis, rolled it out back, covered it up, engine guy showed up 3:30, pd bill, left, hubby decided to go to woods, kiss kiss, bye~ youngun gets off bus brings in mail,,,,,, seems irs did a fuck up, the checks they sent wernt ours? so now they want they small change back, lesson learned, get an unknown check,even though it has your name printed on it, even though gov said there are 'rebates' filtering out, check on it.... then later~~~ hubby calls, funny story, doe walks up to him, snorts, stomps, she's not afraid of him! too young, let her go, didn't think to take a pic of her with cell, duh . Watched her wander off. Another doe came in sight, making lots of noise, she lil bigger, just as she saw hubby, she dropped. Got her home, he was still a lil upset thinking she was too small, (legal stds say no) while doing the nasty work, turns out this was for her own good. She had been shot in the rear leg AND found a razor tip arrow lodged in her spine! so anyway, that was our screwed up day~ but engine is gone, I have room to go flame again,,,, AND NOW IT"S POURING DOWN RAIN!!! time to go back to bed~
My attraction to volksrods is that these are bottom-feeders where things are still real ... people scraping together parts, doing their own work and often on a tight budget. Real hot rodding is still alive here.

Last edited by purplemyth; October 27th, 2006 at 03:44 AM.
purplemyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 03:54 AM   #1567
Tito Chopper
Forum Member

last night i went to see a 1972 bus, wasnt that bad, floors where good, only mayor rust was under the wild shield where the wipers are. but some how the guy put a 1.6L on it. so im have my doubts if i should by it.
It all in my search for my first project

you guys can go to the thread-what to look out for on a bus?
(or something like that i forgot the title i put on the thread)
Old October 27th, 2006, 05:39 AM   #1568
lunatic_magnet
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

installed a new garage door on my shed... it previously had a plywood wall and a small walk-in door, so now i can actually put a car in there. :)

just have to finish attaching the tracks to the ceiling and wind the spring...
volksrods member #39
forget wd-40 and duct tape... i have a sawzall and a welder.
lunatic_magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 11:29 PM   #1569
Hotrodpez
Forum Member

Location: Mission Viejo, Orange County, Kalifornia, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

wiring wiring wiring
Originally Posted by bugdust
If you can't measure your own floor then this project may be too much for you...just my opinion.
People who say im hard to shop for must not know where to buy beer...

Common parking lot conversation...

Its a volksrod...
Yes, it runs...
Yeah I drive it...
No, I'm not crazy.

Here's to living single, seeing double, and sleeping triple!

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/lukepezanoski
Hotrodpez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2006, 06:01 AM   #1570
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Got out of work and picked up my daughter. Stopped at a roaming tool sale at the armory. Picked up 20 cut-off wheels for my angle grinder for $15 and a box of 50 sponge brushes for $5.

I got home and cooked dinner. Once the wife got home, I went out into the garage and cut apart a metal rack I built to store the gocart. I needed the steel so I could weld braces in the '67 that Rob is picking up this weekend if everything works out. Finished around 8:15 and cought the rest of "Ghost Wisperer".
Old October 28th, 2006, 08:14 AM   #1571
TeamEvil/TC
Forum Member

I watched "Ghost Wisperer" too, but not once did her blouse fly open or her skirt blow up above her head . . . I'll keep watchin' though . . . might happen, never know . . .
TeamEvil/TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #1572
Turbo Punk
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamEvil/TC
I watched "Ghost Wisperer" too, but not once did her blouse fly open or her skirt blow up above her head . . . I'll keep watchin' though . . . might happen, never know . . .
That's what I keep hoping for.

Old October 28th, 2006, 02:07 PM   #1573
BullDog
Forum Member

Took the rear wheels in to be silicone sealed so I can run tubeless... along with the new hurst tires to be mounted. Headed out to the shop my car is at and collected all my parts, loaded them up in the bug. DA'd the car to clean up all the surface rust starting with winter here, and the guys at 510 are going to seal it for me. just a quick dusting while waiting my turn in line at the infamous Bay Area Volksrod Garage!

Just ordered the front tires, tubes, and 4 new hubcaps.

Last edited by BullDog; October 28th, 2006 at 02:31 PM.
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 06:37 AM   #1574
bigguy
Forum Member

Member Photo Albums

well last week anyways i took pics to add to tims post from earlier in this thread.

kinda blury.
Old October 30th, 2006, 08:22 AM   #1575
jkien65
Forum Member

In my best homer voice "mmmm, jennifer love hewitt"

That chick is rockin.

Tags
what did you do, yesterday