First and foremost...
Welcome to the Cut-Weld-Drive Forums.
We're here to show the world what happens when you got hot rodding pulsing through your blood... but on a VW budget. We're proof that a cool rod or kustom doesn't have to be a '32 Ford or a '49 Mercury. We're into ALL makes/models of hot rods & kustoms... no matter the make/model. As long as it's cool and OLD... we dig it.
We're not your typical message board. Know this. We are more like a very large family. We are here to learn, teach and spread the word of what we've got goin' on. And as much as we bust each other's balls and sometimes dogpile each other... we know it's just all in fun and we treat each other with respect. Act like a young punk... you can hit the bricks.
As a newbie... you might get some razzin when you first start posting. In fact... just go ahead and expect it. Just know that it's all in fun and it's just some of the guys' way of seeing what you're all about. We've all been through it... we lived... and we've been addicted since.
You're new, you're scared, you've got a chromed wood-slatted roof rack... There there, newbie... we're here to change that and to give you some pointers that will help your first visit be a good one...
1. Before you post ANYTHING, post an intro in the Members Introductions area first.
Even if you don't have a car or project going, just tell us a bit about yourself and what your interests are. Pictures are great if you have them. This will help us get to know you and hopefully you have already looked around and gotten to know us. You wouldn't walk on into someone's garage and start blabbin' without introducing yourself, would ya? No... so don't do it here.
2. Before you start posting your questions on the main forums, be sure to read through the Tech Bin section on the main forum page to see if your question has already been answered. Put some work into finding some answers on your own. If you don't do your homework you will hear about it. Most folks here figure that if you're too lazy to do some research and figure out SOME shit on your own... then you're definitely too lazy to actually do the work on your car, so don't waste their time.
3. If you have any questions on how things work around here... send a PM to any of the following folks and someone will set ya straight...
Crack Monkey (Moderator)
4. Most importantly, have a sense of humor Francis!
Now on to some rules and guidelines we go by around here...
1) We are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
2) The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
3) You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board or any information therein for commercial purposes or legal purposes/gain in the event of legal dispute. You also agree that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, or otherwise violative of any law.
4) You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.
5) No profanity in subject lines of posts.
6) No political/religious/racial posts.
7) And finally...
All members' personal information, website images and content, listed on or contained in these forums are private and protected. You are not welcome to use it for your own reasons, whatever they may be. We respect our members' privacy and WILL protect it. Do NOT test us on this.